CGL GK Quiz: Common Graduate Level asks most of the questions from General Awareness so candidates are suggested to focus on General Knowledge and General Awareness. Some of those questions are below which are useful to the candidates who are preparing to appear for the exam.
1. If a material, placed in a magnetic field is thrown out of it, then what type of material is it?
2. Who became the first Indian to take 16 wickets in a single test match?
3. During the Chola period, Sri Lanka was known as?
4. Which is the highest lake above the sea level in the World?
5. The Maratha Power reached the Zenith of its glory during whose reign?
6. A person who lives exclusively on milk, egg and bread is likely to become a victiom of which disease?
7. Which is at the apex of the three-tier system of Panchayati Raj?
8. In organic compound, halogens are estimated by which method?
9. The capital of Pallavas was?
10. The ‘Misl’ of which Ranjit Singh was the leader?
11. Where is the Head Quarters of International Olympic Committee?
12. Who is the author of the book ‘My Country, My Life’?
13. Which is known as ‘graveyard of RBCs’?
14. Exceptionally high rainfall is recorded in regions owing to which effect?
15. Which land tenure systems was introduced by Lord Cornwallis?
16. Which can impose reasonable restrictions on the Fundamental Rights of the Indian Citizens?
17. If the temperature of a semiconductor rises, what is its resistivity?
18. In Jainism, ‘perfect knowledge’ is referred to as?
19. In which Country has maximum damage to the forests been caused by acid rain?
20. By whom was Swaraj as a National demand first made?
2. Narendra Hirwani
4. Lake Titicaca
7. Zila Parishad
8. Carius method
9. Kanchi or Conjeevaram
11. At Lausanne (Switzerland)
12. L.K. Advani
14. Orographic effect
20. Dadabhai Naoroji
1. Who is the author of the book ‘Glimpses of World History’?
2. Which are the glands of the body which pour their secretions directly into the blood stream?
3. The Fundamental Right to Property has been deleted by which Amendment Act?
4. Which state is with the largest area under waste land?
5. On which basis Montague-Chelmsford Report formed?
6. Which is the second most abundant metal in the earth’s crust?
7. The Vivekananda Rock Memorial is situated at which place?
8. Taxation and the government’s expenditure policy are dealt under which policy?
9. Which is the highest peak in Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
10. Who attended the Second Round Table Conference as the representative of the Congress?
11. A typical human ribcage consists of how many ribs?
12. To whom the Vice-President’s letter of resignation is to be addressed?
13. ‘mho’ is the unit of which unit?
14. Which reservoir is constructed on Chambal?
15. Which were the patrons of sangam, an assembly of Tamil poets?
16. Geeta Chandran is well known by which name?
17. Which plant is preferred for mixed cropping in order to enhance the bioavailability of nitrogen?
18. Which cell organelle is responsible for cellular respiration?
19. Which state was in the development of hydroelectricity the pioneering state?
20. Which dynasty did rule over Magadha after Nanda dynasty?
1. Jawaharlal Nehru
2. Endocrine glands
5. The Government of India Act, 1919
8. Fiscal policy
9. Saddle peak
10. Gandhi ji
13. Specific resistance
14. Gandhi Sagar
16. Bharatnatyam dancer