SSC CGL Exam 2016 GK Daily Quiz Important Questions with Answers
1. Folk painting ‘Madhubani’ is famous in which state?
2. Which is the tree requiring minimum water for its growth?
3. Which post does the Constitution of India does not mention?
4. Which country is the largest producer of Bauxite?
5. Which Indian ruler was a contemporary of Akbar?
6. The Galapagos Islands are associated with the visit of?
7. From where did India introduce cultivation of tobacco/tapioca/ pineapple?
8. When was the Reserve Bank of India taken over by the Government?
9. What type of climate is found on the western coast of continents between 30° and 40° latitudes?
10. Which school of paintings developed independently during the Mughal Period?
11. In which is ‘Foot and Mouth Disease’ found?
12. Who decides the number of Judges in a High Court?
13. What denotes the smallest temperature?
14. In which latitudes largest quantity of bauxite is found?
15. Which was the first English ship that came to India?
16. Which tree, once very popular in social forestry, is now taken to be environmental hazard?
17. Foot-and-Mouth disease in animals, a current epidemic in some parts of the world, is caused by?
18. In which animal, respiration is done by skin?
19. The Ruhr-Westphalia region is a famous industrial region of which country?
20. Which was the first newspaper to be published in India?
3. The Deputy Prime Minister
5. Rani Durgawati
6. Charles Darwin
7. South America
9. Mediterranean Climate Region
10. The Bijapur School
13. 13. 1° on the Kelvin scale
14. Tropical latitudes
15. Red Dragon
20. Bengal Gazette
1. With which does the power to extend or restrict the jurisdiction of the High Court rest?
2. ‘Gobar gas’ contains mainly which gas?
3. Which is the biggest Public Sector undertaking in the country?
4. Which rocks is transformed into marble?
5. Which is the ‘Englishmen fellow of Gandhiji in South Africa?
6. By which number the quality of gasoline’ sample is determined?
7. Due to bite of mad dog the disease hydrophobia is caused by which virus?
8. Who appoints the Chief Election Commissioner of India?
9. What is the principal reason for the formation of metamorphic rocks?
10. Who said “I therefore want freedom immediately, this very night, before dawn if it can be had”?
11. A temperature at which both the Fahrenheit and the centigrade scales have the same value?
12. With which is the ‘Tennis court oath’ associated?
13. Which is the tax that takes away a higher proportion of one’s income as the income rises?
14. Where is the Sargasso sea located?
15. Who commented that Cripps Mission was a post-dated cheque on a crashing bank?
16. Medicine for epilepsy is obtained from which Lichen?
17. Up to how much age can the Members of the Union Public Service Commission function?
18. Which type of glass is used for making glass reinforced plastic?
19. Which is the greatest known ocean depth (which lies in the Pacific Ocean)?
20. Mahatma Gandhi started his Satyagraha in India from which place?
1. With the Parliament
6. By its octane number
7. Rabies virus
9. Extreme heat and pressure
10. Mahatma Gandhi
12. French Revolution
13. Progressive tax
14. North Atlantic Ocean
15. Mahatma Gandhi
17. 65 years
18. Quartz glass
19. 11,033 m Mariana Trench