SSC CGL Exam 2016 Daily GK Quiz
1. Which is UN Programme and not special agency?
2. Who is the author of the famous novel ‘Gone with the Wind’?
3. Which mammal rolls itself into ball at the time of danger?
4. Which State has the largest forest area?
5. Sufi Kalam, a type of devotional music, is the characteristic of which state?
6. Which Directive Principle of State Policy has NOT been implemented so far?
7. When some detergent is added to water, what will be the surface tension?
8. What is the situation with increasing unemployment and inflation termed?
9. Port Blair – the capital of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, is located in which island?
10. What was the original name of Tansen, the most famous musician at the court of Akbar?
11. Which Sanskrit poet is called the Indian Shakespeare?
12. How many chambers are found in the heart of frog?
13. Which amendments accorded precedence to Directive Principle over Fundamental Rights?
14. Which is the biggest lake in India?
15. Which Indian ruler established embassies in foreign countries on modern lines?
16. In an atom the order of filling up of the orbital is governed by which principle?
17. Which Union Territory has lowest literacy rate?
18. Which agency has the power to declare any industrial unit as a potentially sick unit?
19. Which are the west-flowing rivers of southern India which flow into Arabian Sea?
20. When did the Indus Valley Civilization flourished?
2. Charles Dickens
4. Madhya Pradesh
6. Uniform civil code for the citizens
9. South Andaman
10. Ramtanu Pande
13. 42nd Amendment
14. Chilka Lake
15. Tipu Sultan
16. Aufbau principle
17. Dadar and Nagar Haveli
18. Board for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction [BIFR]
19. Narmada and Tapti
20. During 2500-1750 B.C
1. Sex determination of child is done by whose chromosome?
2. Who is authorized to decide over a dispute regarding disqualification of a Member of Parliament?
3. Who firstly demonstrated experimentally the existence of electromagnetic wave?
4. Which is not essentially a species of the Himalayan vegetation?
5. What are the main channels of our knowledge about the Indus Valley Civilization?
6. When is International Human Solidarity Day observed?
7. Which Union Territory has highest literacy rate?
8. What is the effect of over secretion of harmone from pituitary gland?
9. Which type of forest covers the maximum area in India?
10. What was the rate of land revenue as ‘given in the dharma shastras?
11. The Lok Sabha is called in session for at least how many times in a year’?
12. Heating pyrites in air to remove sulphur is known as which name?
13. If the cash-reserve ratio is lowered by the Central bank, what will be its effect on credit creation?
14. The Matatila multipurpose project is located in which state?
15. What did the name ‘Ratnakara’ denoted In ancient Indian historical geography?
16. ‘Queen’s berry Rules’ is the name give to the rules in which game?
17. By whom the concept of survival of the fittest as advanced?
18. When can the salaries of High Court judges be reduced?
19. Which shipyard is known for the manufacture of bargets, coasters and dredgers?
20. In which country was Buddhism first propogated outside India?
5. Archaeological excavations
6. December 20
7. Lakshadweep (92.9)
8. Increase growth in length
9. Tropical moist deciduous forest
14. Uttar Pradesh
15. The Indian Ocean
17. Herbert Spencer
18. During a Financial Emergency
19. Garden Reach Shipyard