SSC CGL 2016 Daily Generel Knowledge Questions with Answers Quiz
1. Which Union Territory attained statehood in February, 1987?
2. Which oxyacid of halogen has maximum acidic nature?
3. From when was the Zero Base Budgeting in India first experimented?
4. What is the main reason for dwindling of forest resources today?
5. “The best and bravest of the military leader of the rebels”- about whom was this said by Sir Hugh Rose?
6. Who is the leading wicket taker in the history of Test cricket?
7. Who were the first to establish ‘Printing Press’ in India?
8. Which Article of the Constitution of India makes a specific mention of Village Panchayat’s?
9. How much of earth surface is covered by the forests?
10. Who was the first Indian woman President of the Indian National Congress?
11. The unidirectional property of a pn-junction is useful for its use as?
12. Who has been awarded the Jnanpith Award for the year 2015?
13. Who is the chairman of 14th Finance Commission?
14. The Himalyas are approximately how many kilometers broad?
15. During India’s Freedom Struggle, which led to the first ‘All India Hartal’?
16. Which animals have a diet mainly consisting of bamboo?
17. Which Amendment of the Constitution of India deals with the issue of strengthening of the Panchayati Raj?
18. Thermal decomposition of alkanes is known as?
19. How many islands of India are located in the Bay of Bengal?
20. In ancient India, the earliest capital of Magadha kingdom was?
2. HClO4 Perchloric Acid
3. April, 1987
5. Rani of Jhansi
6. Shane Warne
8. Article 40
9. 30 percent
10. Sarojini Naidu
12. Raghuveer Chaudhari, Gujarati writer for Novel Amruta
13. Y.V. Reddy
14. 150 to 400
15. Protest against Rowlatt Act
16. Red pandas
1. Amarya Sen, the NRI Nobel laureate got the honour for which work?
2. Where did India made her debut in Olympic football?
3. Which plant is used for green manuring in India?
4. Which city is known as the ‘Manchester of South India’?
5. Rajya Sabha can delay the Finance Bill sent for its consideration by the Lok Sabha for a maximum period of?
6. What does the Preamble of our Constitution contain?
7. Energy of the electron at absolute zero is called?
8. What is an essential attribute of inflation?
9. Which city is known for silk wearing industry?
10. Which Rajputa king defeated Muhammad Ghori for the first time?
11. The first factory by the Dutch was established at?
12. What is the characteristic odour of garlic?
13. The source of India’s sovereignty lies in which thing?
14. What can be the maximum duration of totality for a solar eclipse?
15. Which region of India was ruled by Sultan Zainul Abidin?
16. Which is the vitamin that is most readily manufactured in our bodies?
17. The celebrated novel ‘The Godfather’ was authored by which author?
18. Which of the following States can nominate two women members to the Legislative Assembly?
19. What is the total surface area of earth?
20. Sirajuddaulah was defeated by Lord Clive in which battle?
1. Poverty and famines
2. London in 1948
5. Fourteen days
6. The spirit of the Constitution
7. Fermi energy
8. Increase in prices
10. Prithviraj III
12. A sulphur compound
13. Preamble to the Constitution
14. 7 minutes 40 seconds
16. Vitamin D
17. Mario Puzo
18. Jammu and Kashmir
19. 510 million sq km