National institute of Fashion Technology(NIFT)2016 :NIFT is an institute which runs under Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. NIFT Mohali released a notification for taking admission in to UG and PG programs.
NIFT will conduct Entrance Examination every year for taking admission in to UG as well as PG programmes .the Entrance exam will be held on 17th February2016. Eligible and Interested candidates applying for both UG and PG programmes have to fill separate online application form. After applying online, submit separate print outs of the filled application form containing different auto generated application numbers. Applicant need to submit the application along with separate demand drafts of the requisite fee.
NIFT 2016 Eligibility Criteria
NIFT exam have specifies with some rule for the candidate who are appearing for the entrance test.
For Under-graduate: candidate must be passed 12th standard or its equivalent from any of the recognized institute in India.
For Post-graduate: candidate must complete graduation from any equivalent from any of the recognized unversity in India.
NIFT 2016 Application fee Details
General/OBC(Non Creamy)category :online Rs.1400/-
SC/ST/PHP Category : online Rs.800/-
: DD Rs.900/-
NIFT 2016 Important dates
• Online registration starts: 20th Oct. 2015
• Online registration closed: 10th Jan. 2016
• Online registration closed (with late fee as Rs.5000/-): 16th Jan. 2016
• Admit card issue: 21st Jan. 2016
• NIFT examination hold on: 14th Feb. 2016
• Date of GD and PI: April – May 2016
• Declaration of final result: May – June 2016
• Counselling: June 2016 onwards
Offered Course programs
1. Bachelor of Design – 4 years
• Accessory Design
• Fashion Communication
• Fashion Design
• Knitwear Design
• Leather Design
• Textile Design
2. Bachelor of Fashion Technology – 4 years
• Apparel Production
3. Master of Design – 2 years
4. Master of Fashion Management – 2 years
5. Master of Fashion Technology – 2 years
NIFT 2016 Reservation of the Seats
The seat reservation criteria are as the following:
• SC – 15%
• ST – 7.5%
• OBC (Non-Creamy) – 27%
• PHP (with 40% or more disability) – 3%
• Foreign nationals/SAARC/NRI – 15%
• State Domicile – 20%
NIFT 2016 Syllabus
• Communication Skills
• Drawing Skills
• General mental Ability
• Sensitivity to Environment
• Subjects of design
NIFT 2016 Exam Pattern
The written entrance examination is organized to tests the knowledge, skill and aptitude of the applicants for the course opted. Paper Based Test (PBT) will be designed for all undergraduate and Post Graduate courses while Computer Based Test (CBT) will be designed only for B.F.Tech., M.FTech and M.F.M. The best part of this exam is there is no negative marking; each right answer will be carried out 1 mark.
NIFT 2016 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download the admit card from 21st January, 2016.
NIFT 2016 Results
After completion of entrance Exam NIFT is going to announce results soon.