GCET 2016: Goa Common Entrance Test is a State level examination which is conducted by the DTE which stands for Directorate of Technical Education. There are total of 1292 B.E seats available in engineering college of state. The applications are available since March 2016 till April 2016. The entrance test is conducted in English only.
This test will be conducted for admissions to the first year of professional Degree course of Medical (MBBS), Engineering, Architecture, Technology and Homeopathy in the State. Directorate of Technical education is also authorized to process admissions into courses like Direct admissions to Second year of Degree course for Diploma and B.Sc. degree holders and Diploma programmes in Polytechnics in state.
Applicants are eligible if he had passed Higher Secondary Education with at least 45% of aggregate for in case of general category and 40% in case of Sc/ ST or its equivalent from the state board. Candidates should have studied Physics, Mathematics and English as the main subjects along with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Computer science/ Biology as one of the optional subject.
He/ She should have at least 17 years on or before 31st December 2015 for Dentistry, Medicine and Homeopathy Degree course. Candidate for degree course in Architect must have appeared and obtained valid score at NATA conducted by Council of Architecture.
GCET 2016 Selection Process:
Candidate must have appeared and obtain valid score in the Entrance Test 2016 conducted by State for the year of admission. Applicant must have at least entrance test score of 50% (40% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC and 45% for applicants belonging to PH category) for Medicine and Dentistry Degree courses.
GCET 2016 Important Dates:
· Last Date for receiving forms: 2nd April 2016
· Receiving Form with Late Fee: 29th April 2016
· Date of Exam: 10th and 11th May 2016
· Results: 18th May 2016
· Start of receiving of application forms for admission (FORM B/B1) at notified location: 19th May 2016
· Last Date for receiving forms for admission (FORM B/B1): 27th May 2016
· Display of eligibility list at admission centre: 7th June 2016
· Last Date for compliance with deficiencies in eligibility: 9th June 2016
· Display of provisional merit list at admission centre: 13th June 2016
· Display of Final Merit list at admission centre: 15th June 2016
· First round of admission: 16th to 24th June 2016
· Second Round of admission: 18th to 21st July 2016
· Extra round of admission due to unexpected circumstances (if required): as notified in newspapers
· Special round of admission to fill vacant seats (if any) in MBBS/BDS courses: 30th September 2016
GCET 2016 Application Form:
Go to www.dtegoa.gov.in
Applicants must read all the information carefully and fill in necessary details as mentioned in the form.
The candidate is required to print the application form and submit the application form (A) for GCET-15 in person at the notified Application Reception Centre as per centre opted, along with a DD of Rs. 1500/- payable in favor of “Director of Technical Education” at panaji, and three identical photographs as indicated, and obtain the photo-admit card, from the Admission Committee, on the same day.
Forms shall be accepted with additional Late Fee of Rs.1000/- till scheduled date 30th April 2016.
For any further enquiry visit official website as mentioned above.
GCET 2016 Notification: Click here