SSC CGL Exam Preparation 2016 Daily GK Quiz
1. In human body, which are the leg bones?
2. What is the official distance to be run in a marathon race?
3. Which Indian city is associated with the origin of badminton?
4. All the watches of a country are set according to which time?
5. Near the banks of which river excavations have brought to light that Indus Valley Civilization percolated to far south?
6. Which book is entitled as ‘Bible of Communism’?
7. Who is popularly known as ‘Nightingale of India’?
8. The Study of Fungi is called?
9. If it is 4 P.M. on Monday at 150°W, what will be the time at 150°E?
10. The term nishka, which meant an ornament in the Vedic period, was used in later times, what did it denote?
11. In India, the concept of single citizenship is adopted from which country?
12. Which is the essential element in all organic compounds?
13. Which is the oldest ‘stock exchange of India?
14. What are the ‘Temperate lows’?
15. Which is the earliest Buddhist Literature that deal with the stories of the various birth of Buddha?
16. Dr. M. S. Swaminathan distinguished himself in which field?
17. By which plants is the maximum fixation of solar energy done?
18. In which year was the first no confidence motion moved in the Lok Sabha after independence?
19. Which hot and dry winds those help in the ripening of grapes in the Alps region?
20. Which language was used in the literature of Sangam period?
1. Humerus and Femur
2. 42.195 km
4. Standard time of the country
6. Das Kapital
7. Sarojini Naidu
9. 12 Noon on Tuesday
10. A coin
13. Bombay Stock Exchange
14. Sub-polar low pressure belts
17. Green plants
1. What is the wavelength of visible spectrum?
2. Brihat samhita was written by?
3. The National Housing Bank was set up in India as a wholly-owned subsidiary of which bank?
4. Wine production is mainly carried out in which type of region?
5. Which was the most important factor in transforming ancient Indian society into feudal society?
6. Which animal resembles most to human beings in terms of physical and mental capabilities?
7. What is the highest point of the Aravalli Range?
8. Salts of which element provide colours to fireworks?
9. Where are the Postaz temperate grassland?
10. Which was the Chola king who conquered the northern part of Sri Lanka and made it a province of his empire?
11. Where is the largest automobile manufacturing centre in the world located?
12. ORT (Oral Rehydration Therapy) is associated with the treatment of which disease?
13. To suspect HIV/AIDS in a young individual, which symptom is mostly associated with?
14. Which is the chief industry of Afghanistan?
15. Why did Muhammad-bin-Tughlaq transfer his capital from Delhi to Daulatabad?
16. With which the executive power relating to concurrent subjects remain?
17. We cannot see during a fog, why?
18. Which situation makes a firm most efficient?
19. Silk textiles are mainly produced in which countries?
20. The Portuguese traveler, Nuniz visited Vijayanagar during the reign of which ruler?
1. 3900-7600 A
2. Saint Varahamihira
3. Reserve Bank of India
4. Mediterranean region
5. Practice of land grants
7. Guru Shikhar
8. Strontium and barium
10. Rajaraja Chola
13. Chronic diarrhea
14. Carpet making
15. To control South India better
16. The Centre
17. Because of scattering of light
18. Lowest average costs
19. China and India
20. Achyuta Raya